CORPORATE RELATIONS & ALUMNI
CONNECTING WITH CAMPUS
The Corporate Relations Office actively seeks—and welcomes—new connections to companies large and small. We work continuously to find fresh perspectives and solutions to address the challenges of our industry partners.
The academic excellence at BVC GROUP is reflected in its student’s exemplary record in placements in the corporate and engineering sectors. BVC GROUP has consistently maintained an excellent recruitment record. The graduates and post- graduates of BVC GROUP have been recruited by some of the world’s leading corporate, besides leading Indian companies. The sheer diversity of Indian economy and society, whose different shades are represented among the students and faculty, prepares the students to work in global multicultural corporations / industries with following agenda.
- To assist the development of graduates with balanced set of technical skills, interpersonal skills and with a positive attitude to life.
- To act as a nodal agency in the Institution for forging technology. Alliance between the Departments of BVC GROUP and the Industries.
- To act as a seamless conduit between the Industry and the Institute and provide quality technical manpower to suit every organizational need.
Sustained Excellence in Training, Placement and Career Orientation
- To develop the Department of placement & training as a single window nodal point for career counseling and Higher learning in Engineering & Technology fields
- To set up the Training Infrastructure for conducting value added training programs and enhance the employability of students
- To institute the best practices in conducting and co-ordinating the campus placement process for the industries in the institution
- To acquire the services of competent training agencies to train the students in soft skills and personality development programme.
About the Department
The Department of Corporate Relations, Training & Placement was established as a separate entity in the year 2003. The Department presently coordinates with more than 110 leading organizations which recruits Engineers/Techno crafts and GET/ PGET’s for entry level positions in their respective organizations.
In the year of inception, the department modestly established contact with about 31 organizations and placed 225 numbers of students in last Academic Year.
The Department has set up all the required facilities for the conduction of the recruitment process such as seminar hall for company presentations, group discussion rooms and conferencing facilities, interview and Discussion rooms. The independent placement & training block in the first floor of the Administrative block has been built with a view to provide the complete autonomy and convenience for executives to conduct fair and transparent talent search to recruit good quality engineers for positions in organizations.
The progress of the recruitment programs can be budged by the increasing total number of offers made each year. The trend of the placements in the institution is indicated below.
Value added activities
The Training Programme which is being offered at the institutional level and being facilitated by the Department of Corporate Relations ,Training & Placement is aimed at orienting the students with life skills. Career orientation is achieved by training the students on the skills needed for a career in the corporate through a total of 72 Hours of Training on the different dimensions of development of individuals. The programme is spread over the 2nd & 3rd year of the Bachelors Degree programme and involves 36 hours of Training by our partners rich in experience & sound on the knowledge & skills of the pedagogical aspects of personality orientation & development.
The Department of Corporate Relations Training & Placement is recognized for its ability to plan and implement value added programs such as the Personality development programs, Technology Training Programs and Bridge Courses in the areas of interest and requirements for the Industry. This adds to the credentials of the students and builds the quality of the engineering professionals from the college. Placement and Training Department is also providing necessary Pre-Placement
Training for the pre-final year students in the form of Pre-Placement talks arranged by various industries / corporate, training from the seniors on nature of the written test being imparted and process of interview of different industries. Placement Department also regularly organizes talks from the various professionals from different universities for pursuing higher education in abroad and talks from trainers for taking competitive
exams like CAT, GMAT, Aptitude etc.
Career guidance and Higher education:
- The Department of placement and training is a nodal agency for providing inputs on career opportunities for higher studies.
- Every department has seminar halls where personality development programmes are conducted.
- Many international universities visit the campus and placement & training department facilitates in conducting orientation and counseling on higher education opportunities.
- The institution has MoUs with several universities abroad for preferential admission.
- In addition to the placement activities, the Department involves in mentoring students for opportunities in higher education, entrepreneurship and internship