Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC)
The college has set up an Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) which promotes entrepreneurship culture amongest students and has collaboration with Indian School of Business (ISB, Hyderabad), to inculcate the spirit of entrepreneurship amongest Engineers through TEP-Technical Entrepreneurship Programme.
The Cell provides the following support to the student community:
- The cell creates awareness among the students and arranges necessary training sessions / workshops for the benefit of the students.
- The Cell guides and assists prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support system, information on technologies, etc.
- The Cell also arranges visits to industries in every semester for exposure and on the job training.
The Training & Placements department also joins hands with Entrepreneurship Development Cell in providing necessary Soft Skills training to the aspiring entrepreneurs.
The institution firmly believes that it has created the entrepreneurial zeal among the students. Whenever the EDC Cell organizes a programme on Entrepreneurship there has always been overwhelming response and participation.
- The cell focuses on guiding the students to become Entrepreneurs instead of Job seekers.
- The cell organizes Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps and Entrepreneurship
- Development Programs for guiding and inspiring the
- In addition, the cell also focuses on enabling and empowering the students through Skill Development Training programs leading to entrepreneurial thinking.
- ED cell connect the alumni entrepreneurs with the budding entrepreneurs.
- Development of an entrepreneurial spirit, characteristics and personality
- Development of technical and professional competences needed for productive work and employment.
- Development of enterprise-building and small business development capabilities to initiate and start one’s own business or be self-employed
- Managerial capabilities to run the business or other self-employment activity successfully
- To produce multiplier effect on opportunities for self-employment
- To improve the managerial capabilities of small scale industrialists
- To contribute to the creation and dissemination of new knowledge and insight in entrepreneurial theory and practice through research.
- To augment the supply of trainer-motivators for entrepreneurship development
- To participate in institution entrepreneur building efforts.