Mechanisms for Submission of Online/Offline Student Grievances
The students are the main stakeholders in any institution imparting education and it’s our endeavour to make all efforts to ensure transparency in all the activities at different stages. Taking this spirit in consideration the institute has decided to provide mechanism to students for Redressal of their grievances as under:
The Grievances may broadly include the following complaints of the aggrieved students
- Non- Academic
- Grievance related to Assessment
- Grievance related to Victimization
- Grievance related to Attendance
- Grievance related to charging of fees
- Grievance regarding conducting of Examinations
- Harassment by colleague students or the teachers etc.
It is good to air grievance rather than to keep it bottled up, protection of human rights is essential for all round development of an individual’s personality to realize the primary needs of the students and staff and secure civil liberties for everybody, a grievance Redressal cell has been constituted. The cell is intended to find the solutions for problems like sexual harassment – any kind of physical or mental harassment, completion of syllabus, teaching methods etc. If and when they arise, the grievance Redressal cell convenes meetings periodically and takes steps to redress the grievance.
Procedure for Redressal of Grievances
- An aggrieved student who has the Grievance or Grievances at the department level shall make an application first to the HOD. The Head of the Department after verifying the facts will try to redress the grievance within a reasonable time, if the student is not satisfied with the verdict or solution of the HOD, then the same should be placed before the Department level committee.
- If the student is not satisfied with the decision of Department committee, he/she can submit an appeal to the Institute level grievance committee within a week from the date of the receipt of the reply from the Department level committee
- The convenor of Institute grievance committee, after verifying the facts and the papers concerned and having discussion within the Chair-person of the Department committee will place the matter before the Institute level committee which shall either endorse the decision of the Department level committee or shall pass appropriate order in the best possible manner within a reasonable time.
- If the student is not satisfied with the Redressal offered by the Institute level committee and feel that his/her Grievance is not redressed, he/she can submit an appeal to the central grievance Redressal committee within a week from the date of receipt of decision with the relevant details.
- While dealing with the complaint the committee at all levels will observe law of neutral justice and hear the complaint and people concerned.
- While passing an order on any Grievance at any level the relevant provisions of Act/ Regulations should be kept in mind and no such order should be passed in contradiction of the same.
- The student will submit the application of Grievance or appeal to institute level committee or central grievance Redressal committee, as the case may be, through the Head of Department and Head of institution concerned.
Timely Redressal of Grievances through appropriate committees
The grievances based on the nature of aggrieved students are sent to related cell or committee. The coordinator and members of the cell are empowered to sought out the problem at their level through discussion with students within 48 hours. In case the committee/cell fails to find out the solution then the matter is referred to the Principal for final commitment on the matter.
Considering the nature and depth of the grievance due enquiry is made by the members of the cell and through personal discussion the matter is solved. If anybody is found to be guilty for any kind of nuisance he/she is given punishment with due consideration with the Principal.
OBJECTIVES OF GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL CELL
Protection of human rights is essential for the all-round development of an individual. To realize the primary needs of the students and staff and secure civil liberties for everybody, the Grievance Redressal Cell has been constituted.
The objective of the Grievance Cell is to develop a responsive and accountable attitude among all the stakeholders to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in the institute.
The Grievance Cell should be constituted for the Redressal of the problems reported by the Students of the College with the following objectives:
To develop the organizational framework, resolve the Grievances of Students and other stakeholders.
To provide the students to access immediate, hassle-free recourse to have their grievances redressed.
To enlighten the students about their duties and responsibilities to access benefits under the policies.
To reassure the students to express their grievances/problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being victimized.
- To provide a proper platform for the stakeholders to express their grievances freely without fear and receive complaints from the students, staff, parents and other stakeholders.
- To analyze the grievances and conduct a formal investigation on the received grievances.
- The Grievance Cell assures the stakeholders to solve the complaints within 2 weeks from the receipt of the grievance.
- In case, the person is unwilling to appear in person, the grievance may be dropped in the suggestion box of the Grievance Cell at the Administrative Block. Grievances may also be sent online by filling out the form available on the college website.
- Any complaint received other than the General Grievance will be forwarded to the concerned cell coordinator.
-> One senior faculty as coordinator
-> One faculty from each department
-> One student per each class.
1. Mr. Y.V Ramana Murthy, ME
2. G.Y Moulika, CE
3. Mrs. V. Sandhya, ECE
4. Prof. K. Srinivas, CSE
5. Mr. N. Anand Kumar, S&H
Ms. V. Pooja Sree – 18225A0135
Mr. D.L. Poornima – 18221A0111
Mr. K. Nagendra – 19221A0117
Mr. A .RameshI – 18225A0254
Mr. V. Satish – 18221A0229
Mr.S.Phanindra – 19221A0221
Mr. S. Sri Hari – 18221A0350
Mr. S. Sai Kumar – 19221A0379
Mr. K. K Sai Vikas – 19221A0315
Miss. J. Sandhya – 17221A0445
Ms.G.L. Priyanka – 18221A0445
Ms. B. Sruthi – 19221A0428
Ms. K.SaiThanmai -17221A0539
- The coordinator has to coordinate with all the members and student representatives on the issues of the Grievance Redressal Cell.
- The coordinator shall hold a meeting with the members and the aggrieved person.
- To analyze the grievances and conduct a formal investigation.
- To identify reasonable and reliable solutions along with the cell members for the received grievances.
- To prepare a report based on the findings and submit it to the Chair person.
- Faculty members will participate in the meetings and give suggestions to redress the grievances in the best way.
- Faculty members shall inform the complaining party regarding the time and place of the meeting.
- To create awareness among the students about functions of the Grievance Redressal Cell.
- To bring the grievances to the notice of the Coordinator in the Department.
- To attend the meetings of the Grievance Redressal Cell.
Separate room for the functioning of the cell
PC with an internet connection
Table with 20 chairs